Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Firsts

Since this is my first post, I thought I'd talk about some of my gaming firsts.

My 1st Console - I grew up when arcades were at their peak and the home gaming consoles were just starting to hit their stride. For me my first console was the Atari 2600. What a system! I spent hours dodging astroids, blasting invaders from space, and eating power pellets in the one of the worst arcade to console games ever, Pac-Man. Thankfully in this case the first was not nearly the best.




My 1st Game Addiction - The first game I was absolutely addicted to was Baseball Stars for the NES. I was in 6th grade and created my entire little league team on the game. Of course I batted lead-off and won the MVP through multiple seasons. One of the greatest events in all of gaming was climbing the fence to rob someone of a home run in Baseball Stars.






My 1st Hated Game - We all have games that frustrate us and make us want to throw a controller across the room (i.e. beating the devil on Guitar Hero III on Expert). But then there's that one game that makes you want to use every curse word ever phrased and then make up some more to add to the list of foul things you must say about the putrid cartridge that is in your system. And that game for me was E.T.


Why am I picking up these Reese's Pieces? Why do I keep falling holes? Why is Dick Tracy chasing me? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop? The world may never know.

No comments: